Where Are the Opera Houses?
You’ll find the Circuit opera houses in these regions:
To drive the full Circuit and explore the towns, please plan at least 7 days. An even longer trip will give you more time to relax and discover.
When Should I Visit?
The dates below give you a general guide to opera house offerings. Please click through to the opera house websites for exact dates and times.
Open Memorial Day Weekend through September
- Central City Opera House (Central City): Events, plus tours through Gilpin Historical Society
- Tabor Opera House (Leadville): Events and tours
Open Year ‘Round
- Sheridan Opera House (Telluride): Events, tours, and rentals
- Wheeler Opera House (Aspen): Events and rentals year ‘round; tours Wednesdays from January to mid-April and late June through September
- Wright Opera House (Ouray): Events and rentals
While you’re touring the Circuit, make sure to explore Colorado’s spectacular peaks and historic small towns. Here are things to do by season.
- Summer: Hiking, biking, fishing, boating, golfing, and more; wildflowers and scenic drives; seasonal museums and attractions
- Fall: Brilliant gold aspens; hiking, biking, and more; warm days and crisp nights
- Winter: Skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and winter sports
- Spring: Snowcapped peaks and warmer temperatures; seasonal attractions usually reopen Memorial Day weekend